Coat of arms
The rights of the free city and the coat of arms were confirmed to Ukmergė in 1792 by King Stanislaw August Poniatowski of Poland and Lithuania. The symbolism of the coat of arms is complex, reflecting the political situation at the time.
The House that rises from the ruins is a city that is beginning to live again through reform.
The Book is a symbol of the freedom given to the city.
The Red Calf is a symbol of the Poniatowski family.
It is assumed that the Red Rose is connected with the heraldry of the then chief city director Juozapas Kučevskis.
The Heart means the love of God and the joy of receiving the rights to the town.